Learning Support Practitioner
1 day left
- Organisational Type
- Offenders' Learning and Skills Service (OLASS)
Looking for a career where you can change lives?
For more than two decades, Novus has been delivering education, training and employment opportunities to adults and young people in UK prisons.
Over the years we have built a reputation as an innovator in the fight to reduce re-offending rates by transforming people's lives through learning and skills.
We have a great opportunity at HMP Hull to join the education team as a Learning Support Practitioner on a permanent, part-time (24.75hrs per week) basis.
The purpose of this role is to promote progression and independent learning by delivering high quality, literacy, language and numeracy, learner-focused learning support. This role will assist the teacher/trainer in managing the behaviour of individual learners by using engaging and inclusive learning experiences. To do this successfully you'll need:-
- To hold or be willing to work towards level 2 qualifications in literacy, numeracy within an agreed timescale
- To hold or be willing to work towards a level 2 or 3 qualification for Learning Support Practitioners within an agreed timescale
- To have an understanding of how people learn and methods that can be used to enhance a learning experience
- Have a track record of working effectively with people presenting challenging behaviour
Applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the key responsibilities, key result areas and Qualifications/Skills and Experience detailed within the role profile.
Novus is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community. All roles are subject to job evaluation.