Job Title: Marketing Officer (Publications)
Salary: £21,503 - £23,354 per annum
Responsible to: Marketing and Communications Manager
Line management of other staff: Yes
Hours: 37 hours per week
Regulated activity: No
To head up the Publications team with responsibility for the production of an extensive range of the College’s marketing literature and promotional materials for Colchester Institute.
- To manage the day to day activities of the Publications team to promote Colchester Institute to all target markets. This includes line management of a small team.
- You will be responsible for working closely with the Graphic Designer to produce high volume promotional print and online materials for a range of audiences, including prospectuses, newsletters, flyers and posters, banners, adverts, optimised imagery and multiple advertising campaigns.
- You will be required to write creative copy for publications and creative campaigns in addition to being able to adapt your writing style across a variety of other publicity materials.
- Be responsible for brainstorming ideas and creating exciting and engaging campaigns, to manage all projects to ensure deadlines are met.
- To create and manage the publications schedule and budget for advertising campaigns and ensure deadlines are met.
- To obtain quotes and liaise with local suppliers on print production and ensuring delivery deadlines are adhered to.
- To take photographs for publicity purposes and be responsible for building up a catalogue of student imagery and case studies to be used across marketing literature.
- To work with cross-College colleagues and external suppliers on the production of Colchester Institute’s prospectuses, literature and advertising.
- To work closely with the Digital Communications and PR Officer to seek out suitable news stories and case studies to promote the College and its successes through a variety of printed material and media.
- To set up and resource events on and off all three campuses for promotional purposes and work other marketing events as specified.
- To deputise for the Marketing and Communications Manager at key meetings within the college and with external stakeholders.
- To build and maintain a variety of key contacts across Colchester Institute through regular liaison and by attending key departmental meetings.
- Proactively keep abreast of corporate strategy and policies inputting into the Marketing Strategy to ensure all advertising reflects corporate objectives.
- To work with the Senior Marketing Officer to monitor the success of marketing campaigns and events for Colchester Institute, compile records and produce analysis and reports.
- To work with the Digital Marketing team to ensure website updates and social media activity is in line with current campaigns.
- Work with the Schools’ Liaison and Events team to promote the College at schools and external events. This includes presenting to groups and attending events outside normal office hours.
- To use IT and DTP systems, including MS Word, Excel and Publisher. Be willing to learn design software including Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator to produce creative and original material.
- Work to promote Equality and Diversity in all aspects of the role.
- Undertaking such other duties as may be required by or on behalf of the Colchester Institute provided that they are consistent with the nature of the post.
- Adhere to and promote the College’s Safeguarding, Equality and Diversity and Health & Safety policies and practices.
Colchester Institute is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All roles are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. Please contact Human Resources for further information if required.
This job description is current as the date shown. It may be amended in any way following consultation with the post holder to take account of changes or anticipated changes in the organisation or management of Colchester Institute.