Lecturer - Countryside Management
We have great opportunity based at Shuttleworth College campus for a Lecturer of Countryside Management to become a key member of our Land Based studies department.
As our Countryside Management Lecturer, you will play apivotal role in the success of our students through:
- The preparation, delivery and assessment of Countryside and Land Based qualifications within the land based provision on a range of courses, including apprenticeships
- Supporting and guiding students to achieve success and realise their potential
- Managing student learning and providing a high-quality learning experience
- Contributing proactively to developments in the centre in curriculum development and innovative teaching
- Participating in marketing and promotion activities to support a range of programmes and learning opportunities
Our ideal candidates will have a minimum of three years experience in the UK Conservation or Countryside industry, with a knowledge of the current developments in UK land management and conversation, alongside the following qualifications:
- Relevant degree and / or level 5 qualification in Countryside Management and conservation
- Certificate in Education / PGCE or a willingness to obtain
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type - Bedford College
37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
The salary range for this post is GBP 20,500 to GBP 39,042 per annum. Qualified lecturers will achieve a minimum salary of GBP 25,500 per annum.
35 days holiday per annum
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
The closing date for applications is 18 November 2018.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.