Lecturer - Science
Lecturer – Science
We have a great opportunity based at our Kettering and Corby campus for a Lecturer to become a key member of our Science and Computing department.
As a Lecturer, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Effectively teaching on a range of programmes, recognising and meeting students’ individual needs
- Preparing schemes of work which are up to date and fully meet the requirements of awarding bodies
- Researching, developing and effectively implementing new learning materials in a variety of media to engage students in learning
- Assessing students’ work effectively to meet awarding body standards and carry out verification and moderation
Our ideal candidates will have recent experience of teaching and assessing on a range of science programmes including BTEC L2, L3 applied science, alongside the following qualifications:
- Degree in Science or in a Science related area
- PGCE or willingness to work towards
- English and Maths at GCSE grade A-C or equivalent
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
The salary range for this post is £20,500 to £39,042 per annum. Qualified lecturers will achieve a minimum salary of £25,500 per annum
35 days holiday per annum, pro rata
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
The closing date for applications is 25th November 2018.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.