37 hours per week
The College has an exciting opportunity for you to join a well-established, resourceful and highly valued team of Site Supervisors working across all our College sites.
- You will contribute to the smooth running of the College by carrying out a range of site supervision duties, including but not limited to security and supervision of the site and related equipment, and other duties including porterage, cleaning and maintenance.
- You will carry out planned and reactive work when needed as well as the main daily duties required of the role.
- You will act as keyholder to the College buildings ensuring security of the buildings and locking and unlocking.
- The overall aim of the role is to ensure that the internal and external College facilities are available, fully functional, H&S compliant and kept clean and tidy
What you'll need to succeed
- You will have previous experience as a Site Supervisor, Caretaker role or similar
- You will be able to provide practical solutions
- You will be able to carry out a range of building maintenance tasks.
- You will have good verbal communication skills to deal with a range of customers including internal staff, managers, students and external visitors and contractors.
What we can offer
- Excellent working environment with a committed and hardworking team
- Supportive team environment
- Staff benefits
The College reserves the right to interview for this post should we receive suitable candidates prior to the closing date.
To comply with legislation, you are required to obtain a DBS check for your role. We will be asking Protocol National Ltd/Esafeguarding Ltd to undertake this process on our behalf.
The College is only accepting direct applicants for this role, no agency contact is required.
Wigan and Leigh college is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Position not right for you? Share it with someone you know.