HR Business Partner
Activate Learning is a forward-thinking education group that aims for far-reaching, progressive change and impact through learning. We work with learners as individuals, helping them make the choice of course and career pathway that’s right for them.
Our mission is to provide work-ready talent for business, and to transform lives through our Learning Philosophy.
As a HR Business Partner you will build relationships and work very closely with senior business leaders to offer thought leadership on organisational and people-related strategy in support of the achievement of the business area and HR strategies.
- Provide expertise in the following areas: career planning, performance management, coaching, data analysis, compensation and rewards, employee relations, recognition programs, and strategic development.
- Lead, manage and coach a team of HR Advisors in a supportive way to ensure progression, compliance and customer satisfaction.
- Equip key clients with appropriate tools and knowledge to effectively manage their people in line with their people plans e.g. performance management, absence management, workforce planning. Provide support on the research, design and development of HR initiatives in support of the HR strategy, using expert knowledge of the client area.
- Provide both transformational advice on change management initiatives, organisational / departmental restructures / job role design / outsourcing / TUPE transfers / redundancy situations in order to improve cost and efficiency.
- Manage employee relations issues with the HR Advisors including the ongoing relations with the trade unions.
- Empower team members in accordance with the company's policies and procedures.
- Embed a performance management culture within the business area as a means of driving business improvement by ensuring clear objectives, feedback and the improvement of customer service through behaviours aligned with their Learning Philosophy.
- Identify short, medium and long term resourcing issues. Build and maintain the local manpower plans, co-ordinate with the workforce development team about workforce supply and demand and challenge clients on new roles, replacement and recruitment and retention strategies.
- Research, design, monitor, interpret and implement all new and revised legislation relating to the service. Oversee the planning and implementation of changes required including developments to policy and procedure; ensuring that significant changes are communicated.
Experience of successfully developing, leading and implementing strategy, policy or operational plans across a medium or large organisation. You will also have a Diploma in Human Resource Management (CIPD Member, Level 7) desirable but not essential.
HR Business Partner - Reading or Oxford (Travel is required) - Up to £44,566
Applications are encouraged from all candidates meeting or exceeding the minimum criteria for the role regardless of age, disability, gender, orientation, race, religion or ethnicity.
Any person offered a position will be required to complete a DBS application. Activate Learning is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Activate Learning are committed to employing disabled people and will ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible. We guarantee to offer an interview to all applicants with a disability provided they meet the essential criteria for a role. We will anticipate and provide reasonable adjustments as required and support any existing employee who acquires a disability or long-term health condition, enabling them to stay in work. If you require an accessible format please contact us.