Progress Mentors (Full/Part Time, Term Time only for 37 weeks per year)
Hours of work to be agreed. To work around students’ needs for between 15 and 37 hours per week depending on availability, for 37 weeks per year, term-time only. Some evening work is required, for example Parents Evening. The college is open to students between 8.30am and 5.00pm. Flexible hours are available by agreement.
You will proactively support students to effectively manage issues related to their personal development, behaviour or welfare and enable them to achieve and progress. This will include:
- Meeting with allocated groups of students in weekly timetabled sessions and delivering a comprehensive pastoral programme, which includes a focus on developing personal resilience and independence
- Setting and reviewing each student’s individual learning plan and setting stretching targets and action plans to achieve their goals.
- Aiding students to reflect on their skills and experience, inside and outside the curriculum and encouraging them to develop new skills and abilities.
- Identifying support needs or safeguarding concerns, especially where these are affecting the student’s ability to complete their studies successfully and making referrals as appropriate.
- Maintaining effective liaison with appropriate staff parents/carers and external agencies to ensure support meets students’ needs.
We are looking for people who ideally have:
- The potential to make a significant contribution to the overall personal and academic progress of our students.
- A passion for improving the life chances of young people.
- Experience of working independently and as part of a team to achieve effective provision of services with a flexible, adaptable and positive attitude in providing high quality customer care
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills.
Sixth Form Colleges’ Support Staff Pay Spine Point 20 £17,700 (£9.20 per hour) rising to point 23 £19,094 (£9.92 per hour) with annual increments based on service and performance related criteria. This is the Full Time, Full Year annual salary. This will be pro rated according to hours worked per week and weeks worked per year)
- 15 hours per week – annual pro rated salary £5,851 rising to £6,312
- 25 hours per week – annual pro rated salary £9,750 rising to £10,518
- 37 hours per week – annual pro rated salary £14,432 rising to £15,569
Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing date for all completed application forms: Monday 12th November 2018
Interviews planned for: Monday 19th November 2018
Luton Sixth Form College is an equal opportunity employer. It is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).