English Teacher for Darlington Secondary School
English Teacher for Darlington School
One of our client schools in Darlington is looking to appoint a new English teacher to cover an unexpected resignation within their department. Ideally, applicants should have a considerable amount of experience teaching KS3-5 both English Literature and Language. This role is currently on a temporary basis, from January to June; however, if the school are unsuccessful in finding a suitable candidate to hire directly on a permanent basis before September, the likelihood of the candidate's contract being extended is high.
- Role commencing in January, until June-though there is a possibility of the contract being extended into the next academic year
- Full-time role
- Delivering English Literature and Language up to KS5, preparing students for examinations
- Providing additional support for pupils who are struggling to stay on track with their targets, ensuring that they are aware of how they can maintain their trajectory
- Excellent rates of pay available-ranging from GBP120-160 a day
- Opportunities to gain essential teaching experiences- which is particularly useful to those looking to work up to a senior role within schools, or believe they have limited experience
- Working alongside the top education recruitment agency across the UK, with ongoing access to CPD training
- Regular work based on your own preferences, availability and area
- Continuous contact with your own consultant, who will have expert knowledge of your area
If you are interested in being considered for this role, or to find out about any other opportunities we may have please get in touch with Leyla on or via email at
All applicants will require the appropriate qualification and training for this role. For teacher roles, we require a formally recognised teaching qualification. For Support staff our minimum requirement is GCSE E.n.g.l.i.s.h & M.a.t.h.s (A-C) or equivalent.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.