Activate Learning is a pioneering education group which is growing to meet opportunities in the education market. From a single FE college, we have evolved into an international group including secondary, further and higher education, apprenticeship and workforce training, consultancy and commercial business. We want to help build confidence in our learners, raising their aspirations and giving them the tools they need to succeed. At the heart of our approach is our unique learning philosophy, which recognises how people learn best and empowers them to thrive in the right learning environment.
We are looking for several Exam Invigilators for the conducting of examinations which must be in accordance with the College’s/Awarding Bodies Invigilation instructions. You will be responsible to the Examinations Manager for the following:
- Attend the Examinations office or other specified venue half an hour (one hour for external venues) prior to commencement of an examination session. And up to half an hour after an examination session ends, or at other time as instructed by the Examinations Team.
- Invigilation of paper-based and online examinations
- Collect, distribute and return examination papers, scripts, stationary and other materials in accordance with the College’s/Awarding Bodies instructions.
- Announce Awarding Body regulations to large groups of students.
- Patrol the Exams room quietly and unobtrusively to observe candidates, and ensure that candidates are obeying the Awarding Body regulations.
- Ensure constant, effective and sensitive supervision of candidates throughout the examination session.
- Record candidate attendance, and complete a seating plan of candidates for each examination and where required, a report detailing any instances or irregularity, misconduct or other unusual circumstance.
- Maintain absolute confidentiality regarding the content of question papers and scripts and circumstances of individual students.
- Comply with all relevant Health & Safety Regulations and assist the college in the implementation of it’s own Health and Safety Policy wherever possible.
- Comply with the College’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
- Carry out other such duties as may reasonably be required, commensurate with the grade of this post, at the post–holder’s place of work or at any other of the College’s operational exam venues.
To apply, please complete the attached application form or attach a CV with a CV stating how you meet the requirements of the post and send it to the email link below.
Any person offered a position will be required to complete a DBS application. Activate Learning is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.