Lecturer - Computing
Lecturer - Computing
We have great opportunity based at Kettering campus for a Lecturer - Computing to become a key member of our Science and Computing department.
As a Lecturer - Computing, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Preparing, delivering and assessing subject specialisms on a range of courses and being part of internal quality assurance as Internal Verifier and Lead IV
- Researching, developing and effectively implementing new learning materials in a variety of media to engage students
- Extending the students’ learning experience through developing and implementing appropriate vocational opportunities e.g. links with employers/work experience
Our ideal candidates will have experience of teaching Procedural Programming, Event Driven Programming, Games Programming, OOP – Python, Visual Basic and App/Website design and development, alongside the following qualifications:
- Computing Degree or considerable work experience in the key subjects
- Willingness to work towards a recognised Stage 3 teaching qualification (Cert. Ed or equivalent)
- English and Maths at GCSE grade A-C or equivalent
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
£20,500 to £39,042 per annum, pro rata
Qualified lecturers will achieve a minimum salary of £25,500 per annum, pro rata
35 days holiday per annum, pro rata
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
The closing date for applications is 21st November 2018.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.