Industry Placement Officer (Fixed Term until July 2019)
3 days left
- Organisational Type
- GFE College
Walsall College are among just 10 further education providers across the Midlands chosen to deliver the new T-levels from 2020. Leading up to 2020 we have been successful in our bid for funding to build capacity to deliver the work placement element of the new T-Levels.
We are currently looking for Work Placement Officers to join us on a fixed term basis who will support our full time (16-18 years olds) students to complete a minimum 45 day work placement.
You will be responsible for finding suitable work placements for students, working closely with the sales team, curriculum teams and other lead sources, including students and parents and you will ensure that the work placement is relevant and meaningful, and supports the students’ main area of study.
Providing employers with students that are ‘work ready’, you will be responsible for overseeing the whole recruitment process from meeting with employers to complete a work placement job description, to making sure the students are assessed, interviewed (if required by the employer) and placed.
Experience of working in recruitment/placement with a proven track record in achieving targets would be advantageous for this role, and you must have excellent customer service skills and the ability to work well under pressure.
For full specification requirements please refer to the job description.
In return, we offer;
- Competitive salaries.
- Up to 29 days annual leave with generous additional closure days.
- Enrolment into the West Midlands Pension Fund with generous employer contributions.
- Outstanding staff training and team building programme.
- ZEST is the College’s Health & Wellbeing initiative for our staff.
- Staff incentive schemes including Busy Bees Childcare vouchers, Cycle to Work scheme and ‘Best of Walsall’ discounts.
- Simply Health care scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Reward and recognition scheme.
- State of the art campuses with the latest industry facilities, including our Graduate Salon of Hair and Beauty and on site Little Professors’ Nursery.
- Access to ‘The Hub’ offering a Gym, Spa & Sports Clinic and The Littleton Restaurant.
We are passionate about promoting equality of opportunity and creating a working environment where diversity is recognised and celebrated and everyone has the chance to reach their full potential. Our environment is diverse in character and student population. We particularly welcome applications from candidates from Black Minority Ethnic origin and those with a disability.
Walsall College is committed to safeguarding our children and young people/adults at risk of harm. We uphold fundamental British Values and expect all our employees to do the same. All appointments are subject to safer recruitment checks, including previous employment checks and an Enhanced DBS Check.