- Dusting, damp wiping, polishing
- Dry mop sweeping
- Using colour coding cloth/mopping systems
- Wet mopping
- Toilet, shower and basin cleaning
- Wall washing
- Glass cleaning
- Buffing/spray cleaning
- Machine scrubbing and drying
- Refuse removal
- Any other tasks requested
- Ensure an effective response to daily tasks
- Ensuring the correct equipment and colour coded system is applied, and used at all times.
- The observation of health & safety guidelines at all times is a critical element of this role.
- Ensure all duties are completed in the time provided to a high standard and follow the work schedule for areas to be cleaned.
- Clean all specified areas within the time allocated and to the standard required.
- Daily, weekly and periodic tasks are carried out as required.
- Deal with any complaints immediately and report them to the Housekeeping Manager.
- Demonstrate full working knowledge of all cleaning materials and equipment.
- Use handle transport, and store equipment correctly and safely at all times.
- Be aware of material expenditure.
- Maintain any records as requested by Housekeeping Manager.
- Report faulty or damaged equipment to the Housekeeping Manager.
- Wear appropriate protective clothing as necessary.
- Comply with health & safety policies
- Use appropriate lifting, carrying and transporting techniques for heavy or difficult items.
- Follow sound and safe working practice for electrical equipment, materials and agents at all times.
- To ensure maximum efficiencies within the operation, flexibility is essential. You will be required to assist in other areas.