Study Support Assistant
The Activate Learning group is comprised of secondary, further and higher education, apprenticeship and workforce training, consultancy, international, commercial business and social enterprise. These learning organisations are united by a common purpose: to transform lives through learning.
- Liaising with tutors regarding the needs of individual learners
- Being familiar with the schemes of learning and lesson plans
- Being familiar with the Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCPs) of individual learners and their learning outcomes
- Assisting learners with the production of work, e.g. keeping learners on task
- Checking instructions are understood – clarifying, simplifying and explaining as required
- Assisting learners in areas requiring development, e.g. language use, reading, writing, spelling, presentation skills
- Supervising learners in the use of materials and equipment
- Helping learners to organise themselves
- Encouraging learners to work independently
- Assisting individual students to access facilities in the college
- Observing, monitoring and recording progress in the classroom
- Keeping and completing records as required in a timely fashion
- Attending appropriate meetings, reviews, training and development sessions as appropriate.
- Ensuring that all duties are carried out in accordance with College Quality Procedures.
- Ensure that the College Safeguarding policy is incorporated into all activities
Any person offered a position will be required to complete a DBS application. Activate Learning is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Activate Learning are committed to employing disabled people and will ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible. We guarantee to offer an interview to all applicants with a disability provided they meet the essential criteria for a role. We will anticipate and provide reasonable adjustments as required and support any existing employee who acquires a disability or long-term health condition, enabling them to stay in work. If you require an accessible format please contact us.