Hours of work: Flexibly and casual as required
Salary: £8.75 per hour
Location: College wide - Wakefield Campuses, Castleford Campus, Thornes Park Campus
As a Security Officer working within our Estates department, you will support in providing a safe, secure and welcoming environment for students, staff and visitors to the College.
The role of Security Officer is a varied role, where no two days are ever the same. As a Security Officer, this will involve undertaking security duties to ensure that the relevant campus is opened and closed, secured and alarmed at agreed times and undertaking regular patrols to monitor security and reporting any issues through the appropriate channels.
As a Security Officer, you should:
- Have previous experience of front line security
- Hold a SIA Licence
- Hold a Full Driving licence
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to remain calm and professional in a range of situations, quickly assessing and diffusing situations in line with College policies and values
- The ability to work within a team
- Able to follow procedures and guidance as necessary
- The ability to operate College in house CCTV in line with College policy and Data Protection requirements
- Generous Annual Leave
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training & Development
Closing date: 11.00am on Wednesday 28 November 2018
Interview date: Thursday 13 December 2018
See what we have to offer and come and join us. For further details, please refer to the job description and person specification above.
Transforming lives through learning …
… by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.