Various hours per week, 38 weeks per year, across all DCG sites GBP 17,878 per annum (pro rata) - actual salary based on 35 hours per week, 38 weeks per year is GBP 13,590 per annum Fixed-term positions until 31 August 2020 and likely to be extended to August 2021.
Are you looking for a rewarding career?
We're expanding our 'OFSTED Outstanding' Inclusion in-class support team and would love to hear from you if:
- You want a career in supporting students with inclusion needs (SEND)
- You believe that learning is for life and see potential, possibilities and progression
- You want to learn about working from a socially inclusive perspective and support students in a person-centred way
- You meet challenges in a positive, motivated and inclusive way
- You are open to change and quality improvement, in all you do
- You are motivated to take part in professional skills development and training
We will be recruiting educational support workers in: ESOL (English for Speakers of other languages) Inclusion Curriculum -
we are passionate about Preparation for Adulthood and about ensuring that young people with complex needs develop the skills and confidence for life and work. Our students are predominantly aged from 16-25 and follow personalised learning programmes including embedded English and maths, social skills, life skills and personal development. Learning takes place in the classroom, "real-world" practical and community settings and work placements. Our ESWs provide a range of support across our curriculum and throughout unstructured times of the day. Cross-college Support
- working across all levels and in all subject areas such as animal care, engineering and games development.
Our learners have a broad range of SEND needs with key areas for support being Dyslexia, Mental Health and Autism If you are interested in this exciting opportunity please join us at an informal information evening at the Roundhouse Campus on Tuesday 8 October 2019 between 4pm and 6pm (last entry 5.30pm) where you can meet staff from the team and find out more about the role of an in-class support worker at Derby College Group.
For a full job description, please see the link below: http://www.derby-college.ac.uk/documents/HRDocs/ ESW_Sep_2019.doc