Blackpool and The Fylde College (B&FC) is one of the UK's leading Further Education colleges. Judged Outstanding by Ofsted and awarded Teaching Excellence Framework GOLD, our reputation for excellence has developed through professionalism and passion for learning, helped by talented staff, outstanding resources and a real commitment to learner support.
An opportunity has arisen for a Lecturer in Society, Health & Childhood to join the curriculum on a permanent basis.
Essential qualifications for this role include:
1. Possession of a recognised teaching qualification (minimum level 5) or be willing to commence studies within 1 year of appointment
2. Level 2 English & Maths
3. Degree in a relevant discipline - health, Social Work or Early Years
4. Experience teaching in a FE environment
Please download the Job Description to view the full Principal Duties and Person Specification.
In return for your services, you can enjoy a generous benefits package including but not limited to:
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD) opportunities
- Free courses*
- Competitive pension scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Sports facilities, including a fully-equipped Gym (Bispham Campus)
- Flexible working hours
- Free 'healthy' breakfast- (dependant on campus)
- Family friendly policies
- Access to mental health support and advice
- Free eye tests and healthcare schemes
- Free car parking
- Starbucks - dependant on campus
- Food outlets catering for a variety of choices, including Level 6 restaurant (Bispham Campus)
- Access to discounted on-site facilities including: Hair and beauty treatments, Bakery, Office and printing services
Please click on the 'apply for this job' button to complete our online application form.