Are you an experienced administrator looking to develop your existing administration skills within a professional and collaborative environment?
Milton Keynes College are seeking a capable and experienced administrator who will provide a high quality service to both internal and external stakeholders within HMP Whitemoor.
This role involves supporting the Department Manager in the day-to-day administration and operations of the Department. The ability to work on your initiative with minimal supervision is critical to this role as much of the time you will be required to work self-sufficiently.
You will be:
• Flexible and have a resilient approach
• Able to maintain effectiveness under pressure
• Self-motivated with the initiative to make progress without close supervision
• A patient, friendly and welcoming individual
A driving licence and access to your own vehicle is ESSENTIAL as the site IS NOT accessible
by public transport.
Location: HMP Whitemoor, Cambridgeshire, PE15 0PR
Hours: 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Salary: £15,811 - £19,525, per annum
Closing date: Wednesday 16th October 2019
Milton Keynes College Rewards:
• 25 days annual leave, 3 additional days leave for Christmas to New Year closure and UK Bank Holidays
• Amazing discounts with NUS card or Blue Light Card , ranging from Eating Out, Shopping and Fashion, Health and Fitness, Music, Technology, Travel and Entertainment
• Access to an employee wellbeing platform with options to book free activities such as yoga, relaxation, boot camp, personal training and a health and wellbeing news hub
• Access to Local Government Pension Scheme with generous employer contributions
• Tax free childcare scheme
• Access to Continued Professional Development, including professional qualifications and a variety of training courses
• Save up to 32% off all bikes through our Cycle To Work Scheme
• 24 hours per day, 365 days per year Employee Assistant Support Programme
• Plus many more…
About HMP Whitemoor:
HMP Whitemoor is a maximum security prison for Category A and B men. The prison focuses on settlement (helping those convicted of serious offences to make positive use of long sentences) and resettlement (reducing the risk of reoffending through assessment, work, education and offending behaviour programmes).
HMP Whitemoor opened in 1991 and is part of the Long Term High Security Estate and includes an Offender Personality Disorder Unit (OPDU). This unit is part of the national DSPD Programme of the Health Partnerships Directorate, providing thorough assessment and a fully worked out treatment model.
Whitemoor also houses a Close Supervision Centre (CSC). The unit prepares prisoners who pose a severe risk to others, to return to a normal prison environment.
As a successful candidate, you will have:
• Previous role experience in administration.
• Strong planning and organisational skills to ensure all tasks are completed to deadlines
• The ability to prioritise and schedule multiple tasks
• Strong PC Skills including Word and Excel
• Strong verbal and written communication
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport and create and sustain effective working relationships both internally and externally
• Attention to detail and high level of accuracy and methodical working
More about the College:
Milton Keynes College is proud to be an open and inclusive general Further Education College welcoming learners of all levels and delivering an exceptional educational experience. The College offers a broad range of qualifications with more than 3,000 16 – 18-year-old full-time students studying vocational courses, apprenticeships and Higher Education at our campuses in Milton Keynes. In addition, the College delivers employability and skills training programmes to 3,000 people in local community learning centres. For nearly 30 years, we have worked with offenders in both custody, and the wider community and currently work with 19 prisons across England; this includes 13 prisons, which make up the Long Term High Security Estate, and 6 category B, C & D men’s prisons.
Milton Keynes College is a committed safer recruitment employer in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education. We take extreme care in ensuring the safety and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All positions therefore undergo a thorough on boarding process to include DBS. In addition, security clearance is required for all prison services positions.
Milton Keynes College has been officially recognised for its commitment and approach to equality, diversity and inclusion. It has been awarded the much sought-after Leaders in Diversity accreditation from the National Centre for Diversity. The award recognises the College’s clear ethos and values and a belief in the importance of diversity.
JobG8 - Academy
JobG8 - Academy
Association of Colleges (AoC)
Farnborough College of Technology
South and City College Birmingham