Full-Time, Fixed-Term (Maternity Cover)
Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group is financially one of the strongest of its kind in the country with very high success rates, amongst the top 10% nationally.
The group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 620 students on higher education programmes. We have over 2,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where we work with over 800 individual employers.
This is an exciting opportunity for a well qualified, experienced and highly motivated Lecturer with significant commercial hairdressing experience to join our successful hairdressing team.
You will be qualified to a minimum of Level 3. If you do not already hold a relevant Level 5 teaching qualification, you will be required to undertake one.The main duties of the post holder are:
Required Skills and Experience:
- To teach Hairdressing across the full range of the department's provision.
- To undertake core duties including preparation, marking, monitoring student progress and associated counselling, preparing reports, attending Open Days and Parents' Evenings, setting and marking of examination papers and the preparation of flexible learning materials.
- To act as a personal tutor and undertake the duties associated with this pastoral role.
- To be involved, as necessary, in marketing of the College, Faculty and Department.
- To be involved, as necessary, in Employer Engagement activities.
What's in it for you?
- Has a level 3 hairdressing qualification or equivalent.
- Has relevant commercial or industrial experience.
- Has a good standard of English and Maths (qualified to GCSE or equivalent)
- Is well organised and able to manage the peaks and troughs of a varied workload.
The college offers an excellent benefits package which includes:
- Teachers' Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- 37 days annual leave (plus a 2 week Christmas closure period)