Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
Whilst the role requires a flexible and responsive service, the expectations, in the first instance, are that you will be expected to:
- Supervise all college electricians and when required electrical installations works undertaken by external contractors.
- Attend and carry out effective repairs to electrical distribution faults when reported.
- Attend and carry out effective repairs to electrical equipment, plant and machinery when reported.
- Working closely with the portable appliance operative, ensuring any remedial repairs are followed up and carried out effectively
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance on electrical items as directed.
- Liaise with external contractors.
- Carry out electrical scheme installations, works and appliance testing.
- Carry out inspection and testing of electrical installations.
- Report health and safety hazards to the Director of Estates, Facilities Manager, Estates Support Manager, Faculty Head, Senior Manager, Duty Manager and/or Health and Safety Manager.
- Work closely with other members of the Estates Team and IT Support in identifying any likely concerns related to electrical safety.
- Requisition any necessary consumable electrical items and spare parts obtaining the required authorisation to purchase.
- Assist the Director of Estates in organising and maintaining the portable appliance register.
- To lead in the review and draft contracts for electrical supplies for the College.
- To provide regular progress reports on all electrical installations activity, practices and progress against action plans.
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the nature and grade of the post.