We are looking for a Group Desktop Technician to join our IT Team, based at our Reading campus with travel to other locations as necessary. The successful candidate will have excellent customer service ethos - always willing to go the extra mile. Responsibilites will include:
- ·To provide technical support and advice to staff and students on hardware and software issues, and to maintain and install IT equipment and consumables at any of the Group’s sites
- To be a member of the Group Desktop Team, providing first and second line technical support, working at different sites, coordinating with 3rd line and supporting customers by face to face visits.
- Installation, configuration and deployment of IT equipment and consumables, including PCs, Macs, printers, scanners, interactive whiteboards, data projectors, faxes, telephones, etc.
- To maintain equipment details and keep an accurate record of work undertaken at different sites and according to SLA’s.
- Follow ITIL based Incident Management recording and tracking via Manage Engine for all incidents and Service Requests. Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of completed work and actions against work in progress in the Incident Management System. Ensure clear and detailed updates in incident logs
- Must be able to drive, preferably own a car.
This role will be 37 hours per week. To apply please submit a completed application form.