Full time, permanent positionSalary: £23,665 - £33,585 Location: Stafford College
Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group is financially one of the strongest of its kind in the country with very high success rates, amongst the top 10% nationally.
The group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 620 students on higher education programmes. We have over 2,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where we work with over 800 individual employers.
With the ability to deliver Public Service units across the full range of the department's provision, you will be an inspiring lecturer who is gifted in delivering varied and imaginative sessions and will have a record of good retention and success rates.
The successful candidate will have experience of teaching on a Public Services course and/or experience working in one of the uniformed services e.g. army, navy, air force, fire or police services. As well as your relevant industrial experience and current knowledge, you will have an appropriate subject qualification to degree or equivalent. You will also hold or be studying for a relevant teaching qualification (DTLLS, PGCE or equivalent). The main duties of the post holder are:
Required Skills and Experience:
- To teach and assess on courses including Level 2 Diploma Uniformed Public Services, BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Uniformed Public Services and the Higher National in Public Services.
- Play an active role in the marketing of the College and the Department through such activities as open days and through liaison with local employers and schools.
- Engage in core duties including preparation, marking, monitoring student progress, preparing reports, setting and marking of examination papers, developing and preparing flexible learning materials.
What's in it for you?
- Has a relevant teaching qualification (PGCE (PCET) or equivalent) or willingness to train for one.
- Has experience of teaching on Public Services courses.
- Has a sound understanding of the theoretical elements of Uniformed Public Service courses.
- Ideally has relevant teaching experience within the FE sector.
- Ideally has experience of working in one of the uniformed services e.g. army, navy, air force, fire or police services.
- Experience / qualifications to teach on HE Programmes (HNC/HND) is desirable.
The college offers an excellent benefits package which includes:
- Teachers' Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- 37 days annual leave (plus a 2 week Christmas closure period)