Salary: £19,500 per annum
Permanent, Full Time
Bellerbys College is a well-established international company based in a modern building in central Brighton, close to the rail station. The college is thriving with atmosphere and a hub of activity. We
This is an ideal role for someone who has a high attention to detail, excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to use IT systems effectively to produce reports and record information. You will be friendly and professional with a student centric approach to your work. Experience working within an educational setting would be preferred.
Should you be successful you will be required to work some weekends/bank holidays at peak arrival periods.
- Provide general student services advice including local and travel information, help with opening bank accounts, issue of confirmation letters, ID cards, letter requests, Student cards, repairs and maintenance, complaints etc.
- Run transfer reports and book transfers (taxis etc.) ensuring that the information is supplied to all relevant staff.
- Manage in-house systems and databases to ensure that student details (registration and contact details) are inputted accurately and efficiently so that it passes audit scrutiny.
- To provide admin support to the Accommodation team and other student services staff as and when needed
- Sort, log and distribute parcels daily to the residence students
- Maintain levels of supplies and stock including brochures, information, forms, paperwork and contents for arrival packs
- Develop the feedback mechanisms to measure and improve the student satisfaction levels of their student journey during their time here
- Support and train other staff colleagues in areas of the arrival and induction work where appropriate
- To work with support of academic and non-academic teams to deliver an exceptional arrival and induction experience
- To lead on the organisation of transfers, arrival, registration and induction for new students and all associated activities
- To coordinate the information on arrivals and to communicate this clearly to staff on duty during these times
- To maintain and develop the induction and orientation materials and activities, ensuring all students receive professional, useful, friendly and effective services and all required data is collected
- Educated to NVQ level 3/4 or A level
- Using IT systems to produce reports as well as analysing statistical data for monitoring purposes. Specifically experience of working with spreadsheets required and ideally experience of working with databases
- Experience of work within a school / college (preferable)
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.