Higher Level Teaching Assistant
We are looking to appoint a Higher Level Teaching Assistant/ Cover Supervisor who will plan and deliver engaging PPA cover lessons and lead highly effective intervention groups for Maths and English. The role also involves some cover for staff absence. The planned PPA cover aspect of the role equates to 4 afternoons and the Friday morning. Preparation time will be given for planning of PPA cover.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate:
- good Literacy, Numeracy and IT skills
- the ability to work as part of a team, taking direction or being proactive as appropriate.
- effective interpersonal skills to develop positive, professional relationships with pupils, staff and parents.
- a desire to constantly improve their own practice.
- a positive attitude and flexible working approach.
- an understanding of the principles of nurture
Ideally, candidates will have
- a G.C.S.E. or NVQ level 3 or equivalent qualification in Mathematics and English.
- experience of supporting groups of pupils on targeted intervention
- experience of delivering/ covering whole class teaching.
- Wayland Junior Academy is part of the Norfolk Academies Group. We are a friendly school situated in the popular growing market town of Watton. There are 274 children on roll from years 3 to 6 with a growing demographic.
- Ofsted recognised (January 2017) the significant improvements that we have made.
We can offer:
• a friendly, welcoming, enthusiastic and committed staff team
• fantastic children who are keen to learn
• commitment to CPD and professional development.
• the opportunity to work in a collaborative environment both within the academy and also as part of Norfolk Academies which includes institutions from primary through to further education
• a happy and positive working environment
Closing Date: Wednesday the 2nd of January 2019
Interviews: likely to be Monday 7th January 2019
Our academy is committed to safeguarding young people and expects all who work at the academy to share this commitment. All applicants to this post will be subject to further safeguarding checks, including a full Disclosure and Barring Service check for the candidate appointed.
‘This post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.’