The Lancashire Colleges (TLC) comprises 12 general further education and sixth form colleges in Lancashire. Collectively we are committed to delivering high-quality education and skills provision to promote economic growth and social cohesion within our local communities.
TLC is seeking to appoint an Executive Director to lead the strategic development and delivery of our group priorities, policies and business plan with the active engagement of members and commitment from key stakeholders. Reporting directly to the Chair of The Lancashire Colleges Group, we are looking for someone with substantial experience and knowledge of the FE sector and the ability to work collaboratively with others to achieve results.
The principal duties of the role include:
- Implementation of the strategic priorities of TLC.
- Identifying opportunities for additional funding streams and coordinating partnership bids for funding and projects.
- Ensuring TLC provides a collective voice and operates as a single point of contact for member colleges.
- Ensuring budgetary control, financial monitoring and reporting.
- Managing all employees and contracted associates of TLC.
- Facilitating collaborative working and the sharing of best practice.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Diplomacy, political sensitivity and the ability to convey professional credibility and act as an ambassador for the group.
- A proven track record of delivery at a senior level in the FE Sector and effective Board and Committee management experience.
- Experience on a regional and preferably a national stage working with key civil servants, politicians and local stakeholders.
- The ability to work across a diverse group of stakeholders.
- The ability to maintain clear oversight of European funding and other strategic projects.
- A commitment to delivering the economic and social priorities of Lancashire.