Computing & Business Teacher
Activate Learning is a pioneering education group which is growing to meet opportunities in the education market. From a single FE college, we have evolved into an international group including secondary, further and higher education, apprenticeship and workforce training, consultancy and commercial business.
Teaching on a range of different courses appropriate to the post holder’s qualifications, skills and experience. This may include full-time, part-time, and evening students. In addition to the preparation of teaching materials, course work and the assessment of students’ work, this will include:
- Acting as a member of course teams as directed by the Head of Department
- Assisting with the interviewing and induction of new students.
- Student welfare and counselling responsibilities.
- Keeping abreast of educational developments.
- Monitoring students on work experience
- Taking part in staff appraisal and appropriate training
- Acting as course/personal tutor as required.
- Playing an active role in the planning, development and evaluation of existing and new courses within the section.
- Assisting with the management of one or more classrooms/workshops.
- Assisting the Head of Department with appropriate administrative duties including publicity and public relations.
- Ensuring that all duties are carried out in accordance with College Quality Procedures
Any person offered a position would be required to complete a DBS application. Activate Learning is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Activate Learning are committed to employing disabled people and will ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible. We guarantee to offer an interview to all applicants with a disability provided they meet the essential criteria for a role. We will anticipate and provide reasonable adjustments as required and support any existing employee who acquires a disability or long-term health condition, enabling them to stay in work. If you require an accessible format please contact us.