The Activate Learning group is comprised of secondary, further and higher education, apprenticeship and workforce training, consultancy, international, commercial business and social enterprise. These learning organisations are united by a common purpose: to transform lives through learning.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and hardworking individual to join our team at the city of Oxford campus preparing and cooking food alongside our Chef Manager and student chefs.
The role would suit someone with a passion for freshly prepared food and some cooking ability & experience in professional kitchens although training can be given to the right candidate.
To support and work alongside the Chef Manager and small team
- Assist in preparation and cooking of foods following a daily menu
- Deliver outstanding customer service to staff and students of the college
- Adhere and support the current legislative food hygiene, food safety and health & safety recording processes
- Occasionally you may be required to assist in processing payments and monies through our cash register at service times.
- Promote and display foods on the counter and where possible up sell the offer to the students
The post holder will report to the Chef Manager and be willing to support/provide technical input to new food offers and participate in project planning and project tracking activities relevant to the post.
Any person offered a position will be required to complete a DBS application. Activate Learning is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Activate Learning are committed to employing disabled people and will ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible. We guarantee to offer an interview to all applicants with a disability provided they meet the essential criteria for a role. We will anticipate and provide reasonable adjustments as required and support any existing employee who acquires a disability or long-term health condition, enabling them to stay in work. If you require an accessible format please contact us.
Apply for Commis Chef
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly