Lecturer in English
We are looking for a full-time Lecturer in English to teach on a range of English courses, including GCSE and Level 1 Functional Skills. You must be enthusiastic and highly motivated, have a flexible approach to work and be able to work as a member of team. You may be required to work one evening per week or Saturdays.
Applicants must have a relevant degree and a full teaching qualification (PGCE/Cert Ed/DTLLS). Recent experience of teaching the relevant subject in a school, FE college or adult learning institution is essential. Applicants are welcome from newly qualified teachers.
Salary: £28,419 - £37,371 per annum (F/T salary)
Application forms are available from the Stanmore College website, www.stanmore.ac.uk
Closing date for applications is Friday, 25th January 2019
Interviews will be held on Thursday, 7th February 2019
- Managing the learning activities of students according to their educational needs.
- Teaching effectively and efficiently on a range of courses.
- Assessing, recording and reporting on the development, progress and attainment of students.
- Developing, monitoring and evaluating curriculum provision and learning strategies.
- Preparing assessment and learning materials.
- Acting as a tutor as required and providing guidance and support for students within the framework of a college tutorial and pastoral care system.
- Participating in the interviewing, admission, enrolment and induction of students.
- Marketing of new and existing provision.
- Maintaining discipline among students and safeguarding their health and safety both on College premises and when they are engaged in authorised activities elsewhere.
- Participating in the College appraisal scheme and arrangements made for further training and professional development.
11. Taking responsibility for health and safety, equal opportunities and data protection within the scope of the post.
12. Performing administrative and organisational tasks related to the work of the College, including participation in meetings arranged for any of the purposes described above.
The postholder can be required to carry out any other duties consistent with the grade of the post, at any site on which the College may operate.
This job description is current at the date shown below. In consultation with the postholder, it is liable to variation by management within a reasonable timescale to reflect or anticipate changes in or to the job.