Head of Maths and Computing
This role will provide strategic academic leadership and management across our Maths and Computing programmes, working closely with the Assistant Director of Curriculum and Progression and other Head of Subjects to ensure appropriate integration. The role will have oversight of the delivery, assessment and monitoring of the modules within the programme, and will have line management responsibility of the team. As part of this position, you would be involved in the overall student learning experience, whilst also working with the Head of Quality and Innovation to ensure the highest level of quality is achieved.
WHY CHOOSE US
We’re a global pathway provider in International Education, working in partnership with a number of Top Tier University Partners, and over 60,000 students each year. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe. Using innovative teaching methods in an autonomous working environment, we empower our students to reach their potential, providing an unforgettable student experience, and a positive introduction to the UK and its culture. Our University of Surrey International Study Centre, based in Guildford, is based in the heart of a beautiful campus that is extremely picturesque with a calm, peaceful atmosphere. The centre offers an International Foundation programme, a Pre-Masters programme, and English language preparation courses. There are a variety of pathways offered on both programmes as well as a variety of students from all across the globe.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Professional Development opportunities. The opportunity to work with students from all over the world.
- The chance to work as part of a global highly collaborative network.
- A unique HE working environment, with the advantages of FE such as teaching training, innovation, and smaller class sizes.
- As we have full ownership of our curriculum - we are able to adapt and consistently provide current, relevant and engaging material to our students.
- We value flexibility within the workplace - creating an adaptive working environment with a number of different working arrangements available to our people.
WHAT EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
- Masters Degree in Maths, Computing or a relevant subject area.
- Experience, and a positive track record, of academic management and quality assurance in UK further and/or higher education
- Extensive teaching experience in post 16, UK Pathway, or Higher Education environments.
- Experience of leading, advising or supporting others to develop curriculum.
- Experience of working within a Virtual Learning Environment.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
We will be reviewing, and progressing with successful candidates from when an application is received. This is a rolling recruitment process so please do not hesitate to apply to avoid disappointment.