Head of Management Information Services and Funding
Salary: up to £60,000 per annum (fixed by the corporation & open to negotiations for an outstanding candidate)
Hours: 37 per week, 52 weeks per year
Eastleigh College is one of the country's few 'Beacon Colleges', recognised for our high standards of teaching and achievement. We are proud to be in the top ten per cent of general further education colleges nationally, being recognised widely for our high standards of teaching and learner support. Our last Ofsted inspection in 2018 judged the College to be ‘Good’. We are number 1 for Achievement in Hampshire and 10th nationally based on student achievement rates announced in March 2020.
Key Purposes of this role are:
- To develop and lead the Management Information Service, including Student Records and Examinations teams
- To provide the College with comprehensive, reliable, relevant and up-to-date information and report facilities to support recruitment of learners, income monitoring and learner progress including data analytics
- To ensure that data and information required by all stakeholders, awarding organisations, funding bodies and agencies is accurately prepared, submitted and available on a timely basis.
- To be responsible for the accurate interpretation, implementation and compliance with all regulations relating to funding through a thorough understanding of funding methodologies
- To manage the administration and central co-ordination of the administrative aspect of partnerships, franchises and other external contracts
- To lead on curriculum planning,
For a comprehensive list of duties, please refer to the Job Description.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- IT Qualification
- SQL skills
- Leadership and management or a relevant professional qualification
- Comprehensive, recent experience of manipulating and analysing learner data
- Comprehensive, recent experience of learner MIS and examination administration
- Application of ESFA and other funding methodologies
- Individual Learner Return (ILR) generation, Funding Information System (FIS) and Provider Data Self -Assessment Toolkit (DSAT) software
- Understanding of database concepts and management
- Deep understanding in the use of Excel, database and report writing tools
- Ability to interpret and analyse data and apply complex regulations and guidance
- Commitment to high levels of accuracy with excellent attention to detail and a strong analytical and technical mindset
- Ability to work under pressure responsively and flexibly according to the demands of the role
- Ability to work to fixed deadlines
- Ability to multi-task, show initiative and be self-motivated with a pro-active approach
- Strong IT skills and the ability to pick up new skills and software packages quickly
- Proven management experience
The closing date for applications is 3rd July 2020
For further information, please see attached Job Description & Person Specification
For an informal chat call us on 023 8091 1173
Applications by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We pursue a policy of promoting equality and diversity.
Applications are particularly welcome from people with disabilities.
Eastleigh College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Appointment is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
If you have not heard from us by 2 weeks after the closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.