Milton Keynes College is looking for a proactive and efficient administrator to support one of our largest and busiest departments on a fixed term Maternity cover.
The Hair, Beauty, Hospitality and Motor Vehicle Department is a busy area of the College, the department holds a good reputation within their respective industry fields. The student experience is outstanding and industry partners, such as Wahl, Francesco Group, Champneys and the Holiday Inn and Claire Clark supports each study programme.
We are looking for a customer service orientated and motivated Administrator to support the effective administration within this team. You will support students in achieving their goals by assisting with the overall workload of administrative tasks.
As an Administrator, you will be responsible for a range of tasks using internal software and Microsoft Office packages. Your responsibilities will include enrolments, liaising with internal and external stakeholders, maintaining registers and timetables and implementing a variety of administrative systems for students and staff. You will report directly to the Head of School and work alongside the team to deliver highly effective administrative and secretarial support.
Location: Bletchley Campus
Hours: 37 hours, 52 weeks per year (Maternity Cover)
Salary: £16,536 - £19,889 per annum
Closing date: Tuesday 26th February 2019
More about the rewards
- 25 days annual leave, 3 additional days leave for Christmas to New Year closure and UK Bank Holidays per rota
- Amazing discounts with NUS card, ranging from Eating Out, Shopping and Fashion, Health and Fitness, Music, Technology, Travel and Entertainment
- Access to an employee wellbeing platform with options to book free activities such as yoga, relaxation, boot camp, personal training and a health and wellbeing news hub
- Access to Teachers Pension Scheme with generous employer contributions
- Tax-free childcare scheme
- Access to Continued Professional Development, including professional qualifications and a variety of training courses
- Save up to 32% off all bikes through our Cycle To Work Scheme
- 24 hours per day, 365 days per year Employee Assistant Support Programme
- Plus many more…
As a successful candidate, you will have
- An NVQ Level 3 Business Administration or industry experience
- Experience in dealing effectively with customers, both internal and external
- Experience of office administration and secretarial support
- Experience of working within an industry role
- The ability to work independently and often under pressure to provide a wide range of administrative and secretarial duties
- Technical knowledge to a highly competent, with a range of IT applications including College Management Information Systems
- Excellent planning and organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- The ability to work on own initiative to find creative solutions to problems
- Ability to stay calm and work effectively under pressure including handling difficult situations diplomatically
More about the College
Milton Keynes College is proud to be an open and inclusive general Further Education College welcoming learners of all levels and delivering an exceptional educational experience. The College offers a broad range of qualifications with more than 3,000 16 – 18-year-old full-time students studying traditional A Levels, vocational courses, apprenticeships and Higher Education at our campuses in Milton Keynes. In addition, the College delivers employability and key skills training programmes to 3,000 people in local community learning centres. For over 25 years, we have worked with offenders in both custody, and the wider community and from 1st April 2019, we will be working with 19 prisons across England; this includes 13 prisons which make up the Long Term High-Security Estate across England, and 6 category B, C & D men’s prisons.
Jobs at Milton Keynes College - Whatever your Direction
Milton Keynes College is a committed “safer recruitment” employer. We take extreme care in ensuring the safety and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All positions, therefore, undergo a stringent vetting process to include DBS for all positions.
We want to develop a more diverse workforce and positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.