Head of Engineering
Here at the University of Huddersfield International Centre, we pride ourselves in providing a supportive learning experience that prepares our students for the challenges of undergraduate and postgraduate study. We are dedicated to providing excellent academic and English skills and knowledge that will enable our International students to progress onto their chosen programme of study at the University and an eventual successful career.
Our academic team enjoy a collaborative approach to Teaching and Learning by supporting each other in the planning, delivery and evaluation of our programmes and modules content. We place the student at the centre of all we do, so if you are passionate about changing lives through opportunities in education and are fully committed to providing a fantastic student experience, this role is for you.
We are now seeking a mechanical or electrical/electronic engineering teaching specialist with management experience to lead a department which has grown significantly over the past few years. You will be responsible for managing a team of Engineering, Science and Computing tutors, the support and success of our international students (studying International Foundation and Year One programmes) and effective liaison with colleagues and departments within the University. You will also play an important role in the management of quality assurance and be a member of the Centre Management Team.
- You will line manage, develop and appraise the Engineering, Science and Computing (ESC) Team
- Maintain and develop the ESC provision delivered by the Centre
- Participate in ESC Team meetings at Provider (Study Group) level
- Organise and chair Programme meetings to a schedule directed by the Head of Centre
- Plan appropriate, effective and inclusive learning programmes through schemes of work that promote equality and engage with diversity
- Plan teaching sessions which accommodate individualised learning using a variety of resources, including digital learning (lesson planning)
- Be aware of and comply with all Centre quality assurance processes such as observation of teaching and learning, audits of teaching and learning material (including VLE content) programme and module evaluation and subject team performance reviews
- Extensive experience in engineering with experience delivering engineering programmes at levels 3 and 4.
- Your approach will be student-centred with experience teaching in a Further Education or Higher Education environment.
- Ability to contribute to the design, development and evaluation of curriculum, resources and assessment methods
- A Masters and a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or an equivalent qualification in a relevant discipline
- You will be a team player that can lead a team of Academic Tutors.
We are Study Group, a global pathway provider in International Education, working in partnership with a number of Top Tier University Partners. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
We will be reviewing, and progressing with successful candidates from when an application is received. This is a rolling recruitment process so please do not hesitate to apply to avoid disappointment.