Engineering Programme Delivery Manager
Purpose of the Post
Are you an experienced Engineer looking for your next challenge?
We are seeking a knowledgeable and experienced Engineering Programme Delivery Manager, to join our award winning Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering division, as we embark on a period of innovation and sustained growth.
The post holder will lead a team of specialists to design and deliver (up to) degree level courses, utilising their knowledge, experience and industry contacts to understand and focus on the needs of employers and the Engineering industry as a whole.
Whether you have a background in industry, education or training, if you are dynamic and innovative and enjoy a fast-paced career where you continue to learn and grow, we want to engage with you. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about Engineering and understand the difference they can make in educating and training young people in this sought after specialism.
About Burnley College
Burnley College is a forward-thinking, commercially-minded, £27million College within Lancashire, comprising five education and training brands, delivering further and higher education, apprenticeships, commercial training and adult learning programmes.
The College’s Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering division have a varied and growing provision including:
- Robotics and automation
- Fabrication and welding
- Advanced Manufacturing
The division boasts a Centre of Engineering Excellence which has seen the introduction of dedicated areas for the delivery of robotics and automation and an expansion of the welding academy, which will lead to a partnership with the Institute for Welding. The Centre provides learners and employers with access to CNC machining centres, traditional workshops including lathes and milling machines, a specialist aircraft fitting detail section using high-tech industry-related equipment and industry component aircraft parts, an advanced composites materials suite including autoclave, and a welding and fabrication workshop.
About the Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering Department
Our department is passionate about developing the workforce of today, tomorrow and beyond. Each and every one of us is dedicated to learning and development and the impact that this has on our students, apprentices, employers and the communities we operate in.
Our team inspires and motivates each other to perform at their best and reach their potential.
As a team, we live and breathe our key values.
Above all, we are passionate about our people, our customers, our partners and our communities. We make a difference to thousands of customers each year (comprising students, apprentices and employers). Quite simply, this isn’t our job, it’s our passion.
- Team spirit
We work together as one team. We share ideas and best practices and support each other to be the best we can be. We work hard and we have fun doing it.
- Achievement and aspiration
We recognise and celebrate excellence and proactively seek and share best practice. We encourage ownership and accountability and each of our team drives their specialisms forward.
- Innovation and efficiency
We work hard and we work smart. We work together to manage our time efficiently and continually ensure a consistent approach. We maximise the use of technology and innovation and embrace change.
- Our customer
It’s simple, our customer is at the heart of everything we do – from each employer we engage with each apprentice and student we teach. Our customers’ success is our success.
- A strong belief in and commitment to the values and purpose of the department and its role in education, training and innovation within Lancashire
- The vision and ambition to deliver transformational change, evidenced by a proven, successful track record in leadership and strategic development roles
- The vision and ambition to enhance the Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering curriculum, working closely with our outstanding partners in the Engineering industry, to ensure our programmes are aligned to new technology, innovation and the requisite skills.
- An assured and persuasive communication style with the ability to think strategically and tactically in relation to the development of further and higher education curriculum content
- A collaborative leadership approach with both the ability to identify and develop talent within an enabling culture and build and manage people and performance to deliver improvements in student recruitment, retention and outcomes
- A strong track record of integrity, resilience, openness and honesty, with a strong and proactive approach to equality, diversity and social mobility throughout the College and beyond
How to apply
If the above ignites your passion, please submit your CV and a covering letter, explaining why you are the right candidate for the post to email@example.com
If you would like to discuss this opportunity in further detail, please use the email address above to leave your query and contact details, and a member of the award-winning division will contact you.
CVs must be received by 12 noon on Friday 1 March and shortlisted applicants will be contacted with details of the selection process.