An exciting and rare opportunity has arisen for an outstanding leader to drive and develop our Study Programme English team to deliver both Functional Skills and GCSE English to students on full-time study programmes across all Derby College sites.
You will be joining a management team who put students at the heart of all they do. Through the management of your team, you will deliver a high quality curriculum and be committed to securing holistic outcomes for our students.
Your key responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following;
• Managing and motivating staff to deliver outstanding teaching, learning and assessment to a wide range of students.
• Supporting students to develop aspirations and develop the skills required for everyday life, work and further study.
• Curriculum design and development - anticipating and implementing change.
• Business Development, delivering efficient and effective resource planning and Financial Management.
• Data Management and swift action to improve data trends identified through quality processes.
• Health, Safety and Environmental Management.
• Implement continuous improvement strategies.
In fulfilling your responsibilities, you will comply with college policies and procedures; ensuring you are a role model for the college's values, beliefs and behaviours. You will lead by example, maintaining a visible presence and modelling the highest professional standards to staff and students.
The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of current and future policies in the FE Sector, in particular GCSE and FS reforms and conditions of funding. Outstanding people and data management skills are also essential requirements for this role. You will have a proven track record in curriculum design and will be passionate about developing the skills and knowledge of students.
If you enjoy working as part of a team and think you have the skills, drive and motivation to transform student potential then this could be the opportunity for you.
Interviews will be held on either Friday 24th or Tuesday 28th July 2020
Closing Date: Friday 10th July 2020
For a full job description, please see the link below: http://www.derby-college.ac.uk/documents/HRDocs/Team_Manager_SP_English_June_2020.docx