Are you a Teacher looking for Cover work?
For more than two decades, Novus has been delivering education, training and employment opportunities to adults and young people in UK prisons.
Over the years we have built a reputation as an innovator in the fight to reduce re-offending rates by transforming people's lives through learning and skills.
We have many fantastic opportunities at HMYOI Cookham Wood to join our education teams as a Cover Tutor on an ADHOC basis. Specialising in the following areas:
- Functional Skills - Maths & English
- Personal and Social development
- Business Administration
HMYOI Cookham Wood, Rochester, is a custodial establishment for Young People,aged between the ages of 15 and 18. There are currently around 170 young people in the YOI with an operational capacity of 186. All young people work towards English and Maths qualifications, as well as ICT, PSD, and vocational pathways which include construction, creative arts, healthy living, customer service, catering and horticulture. We also offer an Advice and Guidance service which helps our young people with post release opportunities.
The purpose of this role is to teach, develop and deliver high quality learner focussed education. This is a challenging but rewarding role and we need someone who is flexible and resilient, with the ability to encourage, engage and motivate, to help give children and young people a brighter future.
This is an exceptionally rewarding role, do this successfully you'll need to:
- A track record of teaching national curriculum to a good or outstanding standard
- Experience of developing an engaging and differentiated curriculum offer to ensure learners are engaged and achieve the desired outcomes
- Hold a teaching qualification - minimum Cert Ed, PGCE or equivalent
- Hold QTS / QTLS
- Hold a degree or equivalent subject specialist qualification or have a willingness to work towards this
Applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the key responsibilities, key result areas and Qualifications/Skills and Experience detailed within the role profile.
Novus is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community. All roles are subject to job evaluation.