Pre-School Deputy Room Leader
Our client is passionate and enthusiastic about providing the highest quality childcare and education. They believe in providing every child with plentiful learning opportunities and work in partnership with parents and carers to ensure every child is happy.
Job Title: Deputy Room Leader
Reporting to: Nursery Manager
Salary: GBP22,000+ depending on experience and qualifications.
Hours: The role is 40 hours a week, Monday - Friday.
Assist with the management of the 2-3 year old Room, ensuring that all daily routines are adhered to and that children's developmental records are completed. Is responsible for the running of the designated base room and is accountable for the team's performance.
1. Provides a friendly, caring and relaxing environment in order to encourage and develop children.
2. Implements all relevant themes, topics and projects within relevant timescales, ensuring they meet Early Years Foundation Stage and OFSTED requirements, and oversees any required assessments.
3. Ensures that individual records of all children's educational developmental progress are kept, based on the day-to-day observations.
4. Tracks groups of children in the allocated rooms, keeps the Room Leader Manager up to date on children who are under and over achieving and assists the Nursery Manager in an annual Nursery Cohort Tracker in January.
5. Demonstrates a sound knowledge of child development and uses this knowledge to support junior staff in every day practice, planning and interventions.
6. Monitors all practices in ensuring the safeguarding of all children. Deals with and reports any suggestions of abuse or neglect, in conjunction with the Room Leader.
7. Identifies children with additional educational needs and provides the required documentation and the necessary support to parents
8. Assumes responsibility for the safe administration of medication to children when required
1. Communicates effectively with parents and other visitors to the nursery.
2. Actively contributes and participates as part of the team, attending team meetings and other activities.
3. Assists the Room Leader with initiatives the directly impacts the room or the Nursery
4. Assumes responsibility for opening and closing the nursery as required.
1. Performs any ad hoc duties as required.
2. is mindful of personal safety and safety of colleagues.
3. Attends training courses to further personal development
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE:
Essential to Role:
- Minimum NVQ Level III or equivalent.
- GSCE Level Maths A-C equivalent.
- Relevant childcare qualifications in accordance with OFSTED guidelines.
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of childcare legislation.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Empathetic, caring and friendly.
- Enthusiastic, positive attitude.
Desirable to Role:
- Experience of responsibility
- Proven supervisory and coaching experience.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills.