Business Manager - Sports Central
Be part of this new and exciting opportunity to join the commercial team at Milton Keynes College. This is a varied and interesting position that would suit an individual with experience of working within the sports and leisure industry, who has excellent business management skills and who is highly customer focussed. The post holder may be required to work across the other college campuses, so will need to be able to travel between sites.
- To be responsible for the effective, efficient management and day-to-day operation of the Sports Facility and its commercial success.
- Working with the curriculum team to develop the sport initiatives at both sports central and college-wide.
- Formulate and monitor realistic performance and customer service measures to deliver the financial and KPI targets for the facility.
- To develop and review administrative procedures for bookings, finance and administration
- Work with the wider college team to Maintain the buildings, agree and record maintenance and housekeeping standards
- Drive Sales, Promotions and Marketing activities to exceed targets
- Plan and deliver a range of commercial income generating sporting activities
- To ensure compliance with Health and Safety requirements.
More about the Rewards
- 25 days annual leave, 3 additional days leave for Christmas to New Year closure and UK Bank Holidays Pro Rata, Per Annum
- Amazing discounts with NUS card, ranging from Eating Out, Shopping and Fashion, Health and Fitness, Music, Technology, Travel and Entertainment
- Access to an employee wellbeing platform with options to book free activities such as yoga, relaxation, boot camp, personal training and a health and wellbeing news hub
- Busy Bee’s childcare vouchers can save working parents up to £933 per year in a variety of registered childcare, such as Nurseries, Nannies, after-school activities, Summer Camps and Breakfast Clubs up the age of 15.
- Access to Continued Professional Development, including professional qualifications and a variety of training courses
- Save up to 32% off all bikes through our Cycle To Work Scheme
- 24 hours per day, 365 days per year Employee Assistant Support Programme
- Plus many more…
Location: Sports Central – Milton Keynes (with some inter site travel across the College campuses) Hours: 37 hours per week 52 weeks per year (The role will involve evening and weekend work) Salary: Competitive Closing date: Wednesday 20th March 2019 Interview date: W/C 25/03/19
More about the College
Milton Keynes College is proud to be an open and inclusive general Further Education College welcoming learners of all levels and delivering an exceptional educational experience. The College offers a broad range of qualifications with more than 3,000 16 – 18-year-old full-time students studying traditional A Levels, vocational courses, apprenticeships and Higher Education. In addition, the College delivers employability and key skills training programmes to 3,000 people in local community learning centres. For over 25 years, we have worked with offenders in both custody, and the wider community and from 1st April 2019, we will be working with 19 prisons across England; this includes 13 prisons which make up the Long Term High-Security Estate across England, and 6 category B, C & D men’s prisons.
Jobs at Milton Keynes College - Whatever your Direction
Milton Keynes College is a committed “safer recruitment” employer. We take extreme care in ensuring the safety and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All positions, therefore, undergo a stringent vetting process to include DBS for all positions.
We want to develop a more diverse workforce and positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.