Head of Centre
We are proud to introduce our brand new University of Aberdeen International Study Centre. This is the newest addition to the Study Group network that will open its doors in September 2019. We are looking for an experienced Academic leader to take on the crucial role of Head of Centre. Initially, this role will work with the project team to deliver a successful opening of the centre in September, ensuring that it is fully operational.
From then, you will take ownership of the operational delivery of the centre, whilst working strategically with the Cluster Director to implement the overall Study Group strategy. At Study Group we strive for world-class student experience and exceptional student outcomes, and this is a fantastic opportunity to build a dedicated, passionate, and student centred culture that can deliver this. This is a high profile opportunity within the business that comes with its challenges and will require hard work and dedication, however, the end result will be truly rewarding.
As a world Top 200 University and the UK's 5th oldest, the University of Aberdeen offers a rich heritage with modern facilities. Located in the heart of the historic Kings College Campus, the centre offers a picturesque working environment.
- Develop a project plan for the Centre that allows it to be operational from when students arrive in September 2019.
- Lead the articulation and implementation of the centre’s programme pathways to meet the overall strategic aims of the centre as an effective, attractive and high-quality pathway to UK HE
- To appoint and provide leadership to study centre staff and attend regular meetings and build relationships with a variety of different internal stakeholders.
- To follow a Development Plan for the study centre with a budget set by Study Group.
- To organise the induction of students and staff, placing of students into appropriate classes, timetabling and the teaching of the International Foundation Year Programmes, Diploma and Pre-Masters programmes, and English Language programmes each semester.
- To be accountable for the development of all units, the progress of all courses, the conduct of assessments, and the annual monitoring cycle.
- To ensure teaching is effective and efficient, observing classes as appropriate and appraising staff annually and maintaining staff records.
- Attend and actively contribute to the University of Aberdeen’s Boards and Committees, work with University colleagues through approved liaison points and report regularly on these through the relevant governance structures.
- To provide oversight of the learning, teaching and assessment strategy and the enhancement of learning opportunities in Centre.
- To line manage the Heads of Department and Head of Student Experience
- You have previous experience managing an Academic Institution that delivers a varied curriculum.
- Extensive experience in managing Further Education Courses/Structures.
- You will require experience working in project teams. If you have been involved in setting up new academic institutions then this would be a huge bonus.
- You will be highly operational, but with the ability to work strategically towards the overall Study Group strategy.
- Managing the relationship with the University is essential, so you will have proven experience managing Higher Education stakeholders.
- If you have experience working in a Higher Education context then this would be advantageous.
- Competitive salaries
- A 30-day holiday (For full time) allowance that is not restricted to outside of term time.
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
We are Study Group, a global pathway provider in International Education, working collaboratively with a number of Top Tier Universities. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.