AAT Accountancy Work Based Trainer - Havant & South Downs College
AAT Accountancy Work Based Trainer
Part time: 22.5 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Grade 5: £29,178.90 - £35,463.12 (actual salary £17,743.93 - £21,565.41)
Fixed term until 31 December 2020
Havant and South Downs College wishes to appoint an experienced and talented individual to join a professional, enthusiastic and forward-thinking team.
The ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge of AAT apprenticeship programmes, will be experienced, committed and professional. Havant and South Downs College has an excellent track record in delivering AAT apprenticeship programmes and the successful applicant will use this as a platform to build on.
The role will include all aspects of delivering AAT apprenticeships, employer engagement, assessing and coaching as required and the successful applicant will work closely with the cross-College apprenticeship team as well as the Business Curriculum team.
Applicants will ideally have working knowledge of the frameworks and standards for AAT and a minimum of two years assessment practice, with an assessor qualification and a background of assessing or teaching across vocational programmes.
We also welcome applications from qualified accountancy personnel looking to side step in to the education or training sector as full training and recognised assessing qualifications can be given.
- Recognised Level 3 Assessing/ Teaching qualification (A1/AQA/PTLLS/AET or equivalent)
- Experience in delivering AAT courses up to Level 4
- Must hold relevant solid occupational competency within Accountancy
- Full, clean driving licence and own vehicle (Essential)
- Must be flexible with travel
- Deliver AAT (Accountancy) Qualifications / Apprenticeships to Level 4, to learners in a 1-1 and group-based setting
- Prepare, plan and deliver quality learning and ensure timely and accurate completions in line with company procedures and timescales
- Managing your diary efficiently to ensure timely visits and reviews are conducted
- Provide guidance, support and encouragement to learners throughout their journey
- Provide progress feedback to learners/employers and provide support to ensure they meet their set goal / target
- Organise and maintain documentation on learners' progress
- Overcome barriers to learning and adapt delivery to meet learner’s needs
- Confident and professional with the ability to inspire and motivate people
- Quality driven and prepared to go the extra mile for your learners
- Organisational skills
Closing date: 07 April 2019
Interview date: tbc