Lecturer in Supported Learning (Hawbush Campus)
We are currently looking for a Lecturer to join our Adult & Community Learning Cluster who is dedicated to delivering motivating and inspiring teaching and learning to unleash the potential of our students.
Preparing schemes of work, lesson and assessment plans, you will also participate in the interviewing, enrolment and induction of students, you will also be expected to use information on students’ starting points, such as initial assessments, to plan teaching and learning.
The successful candidate will be expected to teach English, Maths, ICT and Employability Skills. Experience of delivering other wider subjects such as life and living skills, creative subjects and other vocational pathways would also be desirable.
A Teaching Qualification, i.e. DTLLS, Cert. Ed/PGCE, or equivalent (or a commitment to work towards) is essential for this role, alongside appropriate subject qualifications.
For full specification requirements please refer to the job description.
In return, we offer;
- Competitive salaries.
- Enrolment into the Teachers’ Pension with generous employer contributions.
- Up to 35 days annual leave with generous additional closure days.
- Outstanding staff training and team building programme.
- ZEST is the College’s Health & Wellbeing initiative for our staff.
- Staff incentive schemes including Busy Bees Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work scheme and ‘Best of Walsall’ discounts.
- Simply Health care scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Reward and recognition scheme.
- State of the art campuses with the latest industry facilities, including our Graduate Salon of Hair and Beauty and on-site Little Professors’ Nursery.
- Access to ‘The Hub’ offering a Gym, Spa & Sports Clinic and The Littleton Restaurant.
We are passionate about promoting equality of opportunity and creating a working environment where diversity is recognised and celebrated and everyone has the chance to reach their full potential. Our environment is diverse in character and student population. We particularly welcome applications from candidates from Black Minority Ethnic origin and those with a disability.
Walsall College is committed to safeguarding our children and young people/adults at risk of harm. We uphold fundamental British Values and expect all our employees to do the same. All appointments are subject to safer recruitment checks, including previous employment checks and an enhanced DBS Check.