Lecturer - Forensic & Applied Science
Milton Keynes College is looking to appoint a creative and enthusiastic Lecturer to teach students studying for qualifications within the forensic and applied sciences.
As a Course Team Leader, you will demonstrate the ability to deliver outstanding teaching and learning as well as a destination focused experience that will enable our students to succeed in the ever-changing world of work. You will have a passion for forensic and applied science and will deliver student success through effective curriculum and lesson planning which meets individual needs, and is inspirational and innovative.
Our forensic and applied science courses offer learners a wide range of opportunity to explore and understand the various Higher Education and employment prospects within the industry. The successful applicant will be an enthusiastic team player who shares our passion for success and is keen to contribute to the excellent delivery of forensic and applied to students who wish to move onto Higher Education or employment.
Location: Milton Keynes
Hours: 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Salary: £26,216 - £33,232 per annum + £4,000 skills supplement
Closing date: Sunday 7th April 2019
Interview date: TBC
More about the rewards
- 35 days annual leave, 3 additional days leave for Christmas to New Year closure and UK Bank Holidays pro rata, per annum;
- Amazing discounts with NUS card, ranging from Eating Out, Shopping and Fashion, Health and Fitness, Music, Technology, Travel and Entertainment;
- Access to an employee wellbeing platform with options to book free activities such as yoga, relaxation, boot camp, personal training and a health and wellbeing news hub;
- Access to Teachers Pension Scheme with generous employer contributions
- Tax-free childcare scheme
- Access to Continued Professional Development, including professional qualifications and a variety of training courses;
- Save up to 32% off all bikes through our Cycle To Work Scheme;
- 24 hours per day, 365 days per year Employee Assistant Support Programme;
Plus many more…
As a successful candidate, you will have…
- Strong curriculum knowledge, course leadership and team working that delivers multiple and diverse teaching methods
- Strong Forensic and Applied Science industry knowledge
- Strong track record of good or better teaching & learning delivery across a range of levels, with high quality student outcomes
- Well-developed organisational, communication and teamwork skills
- An ability to engage and motivate students to deliver high performance outcomes in a further education environment
- An ability to develop the quality of the student experience that leads to outstanding outcomes
- Good communication and presentation skills, written and verbal
- An ability to effectively embed equal opportunities and safeguarding into curriculum delivery
- A good understanding of how technology can be used to enhance teaching, learning and assessment in the classroom, workplace and virtual contexts
- A strong drive towards innovation in teaching, learning and assessment
More about the College
Milton Keynes College is proud to be an open and inclusive general Further Education College welcoming learners of all levels and delivering an exceptional educational experience. The College offers a broad range of qualifications with more than 3,000 16 – 18-year-old full-time students studying vocational courses, apprenticeships and Higher Education. In addition, the College delivers employability and key skills training programmes to 3,000 people in local community learning centres and is one of the largest providers of Offender Learning in England, working with 28 prisons across the East Midlands, South Central and West Midlands.