Lecturer in English
We have great opportunity based at our Bedford campus for a Lecturer in English to become a key member of our Hair and Beauty department.
As a Lecturer in English, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Preparing, delivering and assessing English on a range of courses and levels in the Hair and Beauty and Sport departments.
- Supporting and guiding students to achieve success and realise their potential.
- Managing students’ learning and providing a high quality learning experience.
- Contributing pro-actively to developments in the Centre in curriculum development and innovative teaching.
- Participating in marketing and promotion activities to support a range of programmes and learning opportunities.
Our ideal candidates will have recent experience of teaching and assessing at Level 2 and above English courses and experience of working constructively to achieve team objectives and deadlines. Additional experience of teaching and assessing GCSE English qualifications:
- Relevant degree and/or level 5 qualification in English
- Willingness to achieve Certificate in Education/PGCE or equivalent
- GSCE Maths and English (grades A – C) or equivalent
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type –Bedford College
37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
35 holiday per annum, pro rata
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.