Head of Department- Hair and Beauty
We have a fantastic opportunity based at our Brooks Hair and Beauty campus in Bedford for a Head of Department, providing teaching leadership for our Hair & Beauty curriculum. We are looking for the successful candidate to join us in August 2019 ahead of the 2019-20 academic year.
As Head of Department for Hair and Beauty, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Leading the management of all aspects of the operation
- Development of the department, working within the College's management framework, to deliver high- quality learning programmes aimed at delivering high levels of student success and an unbeatable student experience.
- Proactively contributing to achieving the College's Strategic Plan.
Our ideal candidates will have recent experience of successful management/ team leadership in Further and Higher Education and relevant work experience in the Hair & Beauty industry to underpin subject leadership with credibility and authority. Additional Experience, of developing a cross-college provision and/or initiatives alongside the following qualifications:
- Recognised teaching qualification (PGCE, Cert Ed or equivalent)
- Level 3 qualification in relevant discipline(Hair and/or Beauty)
- English and Maths or similar at GCSE grade A-Cor equivalent
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type-Bedford College
- 37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
- 35 holiday per annum
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.