Corndel is recruiting Professional Development Experts with strong project management experience to join our new and rapidly growing business. You will join a company who are breaking new ground and offering a more intelligent, more dynamic and more achievable way of developing our managers of tomorrow through a world class programme of vocational learning. This is your opportunity to be involved at the start of an exciting new enterprise working with some of the largest and highest profile businesses in the UK, helping them and their managers succeed.
You must have managed and developed teams who have achieved significant outputs in a timely manner, preferably in a range of environments. The Corndel Management School provides senior, middle and entry-level managers with the skills and qualifications to be better leaders. As a Corndel Professional Development Expert, you will provide first-class coaching, mentoring and teaching that meets the aspirations and objectives of managers and their employers.
- Manage a caseload of managers, mentoring, coaching and equipping them to become better project managers.
- Take our theoretical Level 4 project management course content and tailor it for each individual manager that you are supporting through fortnightly development sessions.
- Support your caseload of learners to complete all Corndel training material and assessment tasks in a timely manner.
- Ensure that each of your managers is working on the project management qualification, accepts the value of it, is making progress and is actively pursuing it as a means of furthering their career.
- Ultimately you will be judged on the number of learners successfully completing the qualification, and the satisfaction of each learner and their line manager with the Corndel programme.
KPI’s – by cohort typically 40-45 managers
- Deliver the APM Project Management Apprenticeship Standard
- Supporting a cohort of learners through their project management programme and PMQ exam
- Ensuring over 85% of learners achieve their project management qualification
- Meeting quarterly milestones for each learner to present a compliant portfolio of evidence
- Supporting learners to complete assignments within the set timescales and to the highest standard possible
- Timetabling and holding a one to one appointment with each learner, twice a month
- Facilitating workshops that engage, motivate and educate the learner
- Engaging with the learners’ line managers on a quarterly basis to review progress
Corndel is looking for exceptional talent, people who want to make a difference and who are used to working hard and personal success. People who understand the complexities, challenges, satisfaction and frustrations of being a project manager and want to pass on their knowledge and skills in conjunction with a comprehensive and highly acclaimed qualification to help others succeed.
We are searching for people who can demonstrate the following attributes.
Personality and Attitude
- a self-starter and self-manager who can engage people, keep them engaged and progressing through the diploma
- a can-do and upbeat attitude to work, colleagues, clients and managers
- an inquisitive mind, able to find things out and problem solve. Solutions focussed with detailed attention to both the outcomes and the inputs to secure them
- with integrity and standards that mirror those of Corndel – where people and success matter
- a passion for continued professional and personal development and a desire and pleasure in seeing others develop and succeed
- a person who wants to make a difference.
- Ability to understand people and tailor solutions to meet each person’s particular learning style and situation. Working together to create the right and best method of success for each manager
- Organised, knowing where each manager is on the programme and keeping clear and comprehensive records to manage learner, employer, awarding body and Ofsted expectations
- Focussing time and attention on every manager to ensure they achieve their qualification, always keeping the main goal in sight and adapting where necessary to meet these goals
- A natural enabler and facilitator of people, processes and situations
- A good listener.
Knowledge and experience
- A demonstrable background in project management and a solid understanding of managing projects and people. Ideally with two to four years’ experience in a PM role.
- Experience of project management systems and the ability to help develop others’ project management skills and technical abilities
- Understanding what it is like to be a project manager and able to offer practical advice and support for the day to day issues that arise when managing a project within the workplace
- An understanding of what it is like to be mentored, and to mentor managers to complete a comprehensive package of practical project management training
- A solid understanding of Apprenticeship delivery requirements including the importance of quality assurance, and awarding organisation requirements e.g. APM Project Management
- A confident user of IT with a willingness and aptitude to learn a new system and a capability to apply and share this with all managers and colleagues.
- Desirable to hold a project management qualification e.g. APM, Prince2 or PMP
Corndel is committed to building a brilliant team that is inclusive in its culture, and values diversity so that we can best serve the needs of the learners and clients that we support. We strive for equality of opportunity in all that we do and actively encourage applicants from all groups and backgrounds to apply for this role.
Please send your CV with a covering letter of why you would be a great fit for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org