Subject Team Leader - Maths
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Maths Lecturer to join our English and Maths faculty.
The Maths department is a dynamic and versatile team that delivers inspiring and engaging lessons across the whole College. We work closely with the curriculum areas in order to create English and Maths sessions that relate directly to the students’ vocational qualifications.
We deliver excellent courses to meet the needs of around 2000 students on campus whilst maintaining a supportive and inclusive environment. We already have two Curriculum Innovation Leaders who work at the forefront of staff development and curriculum structure ensuring that the English and Maths team are spearheading excellent delivery of the latest specifications to equip our students with the relevant skills to thrive and achieve.
The successful candidate will be a talented, highly motivated and enthusiastic Functional Skills & GCSE Maths Subject leader, you will contribute to the delivery of our ambitious vision within the Maths department. The ideal candidate will have the ability and drive to inspire diverse groups of young people to achieve their full potential.
Candidates should have a relevant professional qualification and experience of teaching maths in a classroom setting. You will be able to demonstrate the ability to motivate students through the use of varied teaching and learning strategies with an emphasis on student progression and differentiation.
Location: Bletchley Campus
Hours: 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per annum
Salary: £26,216 - £33,232 + £4,000 Skills supplement
Closing date: Monday 22nd April 2019
More about the rewards
- 35 days annual leave, 3 additional days leave for Christmas to New Year closure and UK Bank Holidays per rota
- Amazing discounts with NUS card, ranging from Eating Out, Shopping and Fashion, Health and Fitness, Music, Technology, Travel and Entertainment
- Access to an employee wellbeing platform with options to book free activities such as yoga, relaxation, boot camp, personal training and a health and wellbeing news hub
- Access to Teachers Pension Scheme with generous employer contributions
- Tax-free childcare scheme
- Access to Continued Professional Development, including professional qualifications and a variety of training courses
- Save up to 32% off all bikes through our Cycle To Work Scheme
- 24 hours per day, 365 days per year Employee Assistant Support Programme
- Plus many more…
As a successful candidate, you will have
- A strong track record of good or better teaching and learning delivery across a range of levels, attaining high-quality student outcomes
- A degree or equivalent qualification in a maths related subject
- A recognised higher level teaching qualification
- Strong curriculum knowledge, subject leadership and team working that delivers multiple and diverse teaching methods
- An ability to engage and motivate students to deliver high-performance outcomes in a further education environment
More about the College
Milton Keynes College is proud to be an open and inclusive general Further Education College welcoming learners of all levels and delivering an exceptional educational experience. The College offers a broad range of qualifications with more than 3,000 16 – 18-year-old full-time students studying vocational courses, apprenticeships and Higher Education at our campuses in Milton Keynes. In addition, the College delivers employability and skills training programmes to 3,000 people in local community learning centres. For nearly 30 years, we have worked with offenders in both custody, and the wider community and from 1st April 2019, we will be working with 19 prisons across England; this includes 13 prisons which make up the Long Term High-Security Estate, and 6 category B, C & D men’s prisons.
Milton Keynes College is a committed safer recruitment employer in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education.
We take extreme care in ensuring the safety and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All positions, therefore, undergo a thorough onboarding process to include DBS for all positions.