Lecturer - Engineering
Milton Keynes College is looking to appoint a knowledgeable professional within this expanding curriculum area. Through course development, you will be able to deliver informative and inspiring lessons. You will be involved with the teaching, learning, and assessment across a range of Engineering courses from Level 1 to HNC / HND.
As a Course Team Leader within Engineering, you will be working collaboratively within the wider team of Engineering, you will be able to combine current industry knowledge and experience with outstanding teaching ability to inspire and motivate our students.
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering creative and innovative sessions to students with an interest in developing a career within the demanding Engineering sector.
We are keen to hear from professionals within the Engineering industry who are keen to move into a career within teaching and have the industry knowledge to bring into a classroom setting. Milton Keynes is a rapidly growing town, and as such skills gained within Engineering programmes are in high demand in the local area.
Location: Chaffron Way Campus
Hours: 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year (Fixed term contract until 1st July 2019)
Salary: £33,232 pro rata
Closing Date: Monday 22nd April 2019
More about the rewards
- 35 days annual leave, 3 additional days leave for Christmas to New Year closure and UK Bank Holidays Pro Rata, Per Annum
- Amazing discounts with NUS card, ranging from Eating Out, Shopping and Fashion, Health and Fitness, Music, Technology, Travel and Entertainment
- Access to an employee wellbeing platform with options to book free activities such as yoga, relaxation, boot camp, personal training and a health and wellbeing news hub
- Access to Teachers Pension Scheme with generous employer contributions
- Tax-free childcare scheme
- Access to Continued Professional Development, including professional qualifications and a variety of training courses
- Save up to 32% off all bikes through our Cycle To Work Scheme
- 24 hours per day, 365 days per year Employee Assistant Support Programme
- Plus many more…
As the successful candidate, you will have
- A wide experience of Engineering, covering both its theory and application
- Experience teaching HND, BTEC, and Pearsons.
- Experience of teaching up to HNC/HND Level in Engineering and hold a UK recognised teaching qualification such as a PGCE, DTLLS or Cert ED or be working towards them.
- The ability to create an outstanding student and apprenticeship experience, where staff are constantly working to develop their practice and mistakes are embraced and are seen as important learning experiences.
- Proven industry work experience in Engineering.
- Be able to deliver a stimulating blend of learning opportunities, making effective use of technology both within the classroom and via online and independent learning.
- The knowledge to work with the Head of School and Quality, eLearning, English & maths and Curriculum Innovation colleagues to continually strive for excellence and improve standards in teaching, learning and assessment across the faculty.
- The knowledge to provide both academic and pastoral support for our students, supporting them to achieve their destination ambition.
More about the College
Milton Keynes College is proud to be an open and inclusive general Further Education College welcoming learners of all levels and delivering an exceptional educational experience. The College offers a broad range of qualifications with more than 3,000 16 – 18-year-old full-time students studying vocational courses, apprenticeships and Higher Education at our campuses in Milton Keynes. In addition, the College delivers employability and skills training programmes to 3,000 people in local community learning centres. For nearly 30 years, we have worked with offenders in both custody, and the wider community and from 1st April 2019, we will be working with 19 prisons across England; this includes 13 prisons which make up the Long Term High-Security Estate, and 6 category B, C & D men’s prisons.
Milton Keynes College is a committed safer recruitment employer in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education.
We take extreme care in ensuring the safety and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All positions, therefore, undergo a thorough onboarding process to include DBS for all positions.