Are you an experienced Administrator looking to develop your existing administration skills within a professional and collaborative environment?
Milton Keynes College is seeking a capable and experienced Administrator to join the education team at HMP Huntercombe for a maternity cover fixed term contract for 9 months. As an Administrator, you will provide a high-quality service to both internal and external stakeholders.
This role involves supporting the Department Manager in the day-to-day administration and operations of the Department. The ability to work on your initiative with minimal supervision is critical to this role as much of the time you will be required to work self-sufficiently.
You will be:
• Flexible and have a resilient approach
• Able to maintain effectiveness under pressure
• Self-motivated with the initiative to make progress without close supervision
• A patient, friendly and welcoming individual
A driving licence and access to your own vehicle is ESSENTIAL as the site IS NOT accessible
by public transport.
Location: HMP Huntercombe, Oxfordshire, RG9 5SBHours: 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per yearSalary: £14,910 - £19,525 pro rata Closing date: 23rd April 2019Maternity Cover – 9 months Fixed Term Contract
Milton Keynes College Rewards:
• 25 days annual leave, 3 additional days leave for Christmas to New Year closure and UK Bank Holidays
• Amazing discounts with NUS card or Blue Light Card, ranging from Eating Out, Shopping and Fashion, Health and Fitness, Music, Technology, Travel and Entertainment
• Access to an employee wellbeing platform with options to book free activities such as yoga, relaxation, boot camp, personal training and a health and wellbeing news hub
• Access to Local Government Pension Scheme with generous employer contributions
• Tax-free childcare scheme
• Access to Continued Professional Development, including professional qualifications and a variety of training courses
• Save up to 32% off all bikes through our Cycle To Work Scheme
• 24 hours per day, 365 days per year Employee Assistant Support Programme
• Plus many more…
About HMP Huntercombe:
HMP Huntercombe opened as a prison in 1946, the site was originally built as an internment camp during the last war, when for a short period it held Rudolf Hess, on his way south after he famously parachuted into Scotland.
Extensive redevelopment has taken place over the last twenty years and there is little left of the wartime buildings.
Currently, Huntercombe is a Category C adult male establishment holding a solely foreign national population in order to support government priorities on the deportation of foreign national offenders. Courses delivered within the prison include P&D, Barbering, Multi-Skills, Hospitality, Business, PSD, Mentoring, Money Management, Art and ESOL. Also, Functional Skills-based courses including English, Maths and ITQ.
The education department working day is from 7.50am – 4.40pm Monday – Thursday & 7.50am-1.30pm Friday
As a successful candidate, you will have:
• Previous role experience in administration.
• Strong planning and organisational skills to ensure all tasks are completed to deadlines
• The ability to prioritise and schedule multiple tasks
• Strong PC Skills including Word and Excel
• Strong verbal and written communication
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport and create and sustain effective working relationships both internally and externally
• Attention to detail and high level of accuracy and methodical working
More about the College:
Milton Keynes College is proud to be an open and inclusive general Further Education College welcoming learners of all levels and delivering an exceptional educational experience. The College offers a broad range of qualifications with more than 3,000 16 – 18-year-old full-time students studying traditional A Levels, vocational courses, apprenticeships and Higher Education at our campuses in Milton Keynes. In addition, the College delivers employability and key skills training programmes to 3,000 people in local community learning centres. For over 25 years, we have worked with offenders in both custody, and the wider community and from 1st April 2019, we will be working with 19 prisons across England; this includes 13 prisons which make up the Long Term High-Security Estate across England, and 6 category B, C & D men’s prisons.
Milton Keynes College is a committed safer recruitment employer. We take extreme care in ensuring the safety and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All positions, therefore, undergo a stringent vetting process to include DBS for all positions.