Deputy Head of Education
Looking for a career where you can change lives?
For more than two decades, Novus has been delivering education, training and employment opportunities to adults and young people in UK prisons.
Over the years we have built a reputation as an innovator in the fight to reduce re-offending rates by transforming people's lives through learning and skills.
We have a great opportunity at HMYOI Wetherby to join the education team as our Deputy Education Manager on a permanent, full time (37 hours per week) basis.
HMYOI Wetherby in West Yorkshire is a custodial establishment for Young People, aged between the ages of 15 and 18. There are currently around 280 young people in the YOI with an operational capacity of 320. All young people work towards English and Maths qualifications, as well as ICT, PSD, and vocational pathways which include construction, creative arts, hospitality and catering, business administration, industrial cleaning and horticulture. We also offer an Advice and Guidance service which helps our young people with post-release opportunities.
The purpose of this role is to support the delivery of services that maximise access to education, opportunity and achievement for all Young People, to enhance their employment or further education upon release. You'll effectively plan and manage the deployment of staff and resources, to deliver a high-quality learning experience.
To do this successfully you'll need to:
- Have proven experience of working with Young People
- Have a track record of supporting delivery within a complex education service
- Have a teaching qualification, minimum Cert Ed or PGCE
- Have a track record of effectively employing quality assurance tools
- Have a track record of evaluating and monitoring course provision
- To apply for this fantastic opportunity, please visit www.novus.ac.uk/careers
- Applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the key responsibilities, key result areas and Qualifications/Skills and Experience detailed within the role profile.
- Novus is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community.