Associate Student Support Assistant
We have a great opportunity based at our Bedford and Shuttleworth campuses for Associate Student Support Assistants to become a key member of our Additional Support department.
As an Associate Student Support Assistant, you will play a key part in supporting the success of our students through:
- Providing support to learners with the learning difficulties and/or disabilities both in the classroom and throughout College.
- Providing overall care of the learner and enable him/her to access the college facilities and develop independence within the wider community.
- Being an active member of the Additional Support Team and assisting in the development of individual programmes and the assessment of student progress.
Our ideal candidates will have a working knowledge of Learner Support post 16 and experience of providing support to individuals in an educational or care setting. With additional Working knowledge of the Equality Act in the education setting, alongside the following qualifications:
- Level 2 Learner Support Certificate or equivalent or/ willing to work towards
- Educated to Level 2 in Maths and English
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type -Bedford College Professional Services Ltd (BCPS Ltd)
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.