Assessor in Electrical Engineering
Interviews: W/C Monday 29 April 2019
Salary: £21,402 - £24,786 per annum, plus Golden Hello Payment of up to £6,000 (Payable for a suitably qualified and experienced/exceptional candidate, conditions apply)
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic and self-motivated individual to the role of Assessor in Electrical Engineering. This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding area of the curriculum, which boasts continued learner success and achievement.
The role will involve liaising with apprentices and their employers to ensure they each fully understand what the learner needs to complete the apprentice framework or standard. You will provide coaching and support to develop apprentice skills while monitoring their progress through to a timely achievement. You will complete and maintain apprentice reviews, assessment plans, learner documentation and learner portfolios both electronic and paper-based along with the assessment of practical activities in the workplace.
The successful candidate must:
- Be qualified to Level 3 (NVQ) in Electrical Engineering
- Hold PTLLS/A1/Assessors award or willingness to achieve within a set period following appointment
- GCSE English & Maths (A* - C)
- Have relevant recent experience of working within the electrical engineering industry
- Have the use of a car and a valid UK driving license
About the Golden Hello… The payment would be a maximum of £6,000 payable as follows:
- £2,000 on appointment
- £2,000 on successful completion of the probationary period
- £2,000 on successful completion of Certificate in Education (academic staff only) or 2 years with excellent performance
We reserve the right to close this vacancy when we are in receipt of sufficient applications. Should you wish to apply for this post you are advised to complete and submit your application form as soon as possible.