Tutor Employability Skills, SIA, CSCS
Tutor: Employability Skills, SIA, CSCS
Salary: £24,555 to £29,211 p.a.
Status: Fixed Term & Permanent
Hours: Full time (37 hours per week)
Would you like to deliver short pre-employment courses to adult learners covering areas in construction and security, whilst improving their pre-employment skills?
Harlow College is currently looking for a dynamic and inspirational tutor to support adult learners with their English skills and their progression into employment. You will be required to deliver a range of employability skills tailored to the construction and security industry. The successful candidate will be required to have a flexible approach to working as part of the role requires some travel across Eastern and Southern England.
Required skills for all tutors:
- Level 2 or equivalent in maths and English
- A teaching qualification (or a willingness to obtain one). We can provide teacher training to the successful candidate once the probation period has been successfully completed.
- Ideally, have experience of delivering employability skills training.
- Ideally, have experience of working with adult learners
Mandatory skills for Security Tutors:
- Level 3 or equivalent in Security (ideally physical intervention)
- Teaching qualification ideally PTTLS/Award in Education and Training
- Minimum 3 years of Security experience
What we can offer:
The successful candidate can expect investment in their personal and professional development as well as an excellent benefits package including 42 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
If you are looking to work within a successful and fast-paced organisation whereby we believe all our people, both staff and students, have the potential to succeed in whatever they set their minds to then this is the role for you.
To find out more about us and to apply online visit:
Closing date for applications: 7th May 2019
Interviews: 17th May 2019
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sections of the community.